President’s Volunteer Service AwardLast year, 97 students put in over 17,000 hours of community service helping over 75 different organizations and causes. If you complete 100+ hours of community service from April 1, 2016-March 31, 2017 you are eligible for a President’s Volunteer Service Award. This national award is presented to qualifying students in May of 2017 at a breakfast ceremony.
Here is the process:
- Go to the web site
- Click on “Get Involved” and on drop down menu, “Volunteers.”
- Click on Register and complete the form. All fields must be completed. If you would prefer NOT to share your home address and phone number, feel free to use Upper Arlington High Schools address and phone: 1650 Ridgeview Rd, Upper Arlington, OH 43221(614) 487-5200 If you are younger than 16, please use April 1, 2000, as your birthday so that the requirements are the same for all UAHS students.
Your email address is your username. Please record your password; we cannot retrieve it for you. Choose at lease one area of focus even though your volunteer activities do not need to fit in a particular area.
- Click on “Submit Application.”
- On the Welcome Screen, click on My Profile. Check to see all information is correct. At the bottom, click on the ADD button beside “Record of Service Key” and add this key: NTJ-3264. Hit SAVE. This information will send your volunteer hours to Upper Arlington Schools. If you do not add this key, UA will not receive your record of service!
- To add activities and hours, click on the tab: “My Service” and “Add Activity.” In the organization/activity box, please check both items: the name of the organization and the activity you did. NOTE: Please add the correct amount of hours to the specific day that you did the service. You will NOT be certified if you add all your hours on one day (i.e., 9/26/16 — 55 hours of service).
- All hours must be submitted online by March 31, 2017, in order to complete the certification process and receive the award.
- Send an email to email@example.com (Jeanne Gogolski, UA Coordinator of Service Learning) to verify that you have completed this process and I will confirm that you are registered and verify your hours in early April 2017.
Service Learning Coordinator, Upper Arlington Schools 487-5000